Terms and conditions for the Lounge Option
By reserving the Lounge Option, the Customer benefits from the following services and amenities available at select Air France Lounges:
- Welcome desk,
- Catering area with self-service buffet offering cold and hot drinks,
- Rest area,
- A wide selection of local and international magazines and newspapers,
- Free WiFi access
The Lounge Option is a service for Customers who do not have complimentary access to Air France lounges: customers traveling in Premium Economy, Economy and/or Flying Blue Silver or Explorer members, subject to availability. Unaccompanied minors are not eligible for the Lounge Option. The purchase of a Lounge Option is possible:
- at the airport, - on an Air France self-service kiosk, at an Air France sales counter and at the entrance to the Lounge.
- online - when purchasing a ticket online, - at any time after the purchase of a ticket in the "My bookings" section of the website, in countries where the sale of a Lounge Option is available, - when checking in online.
4.1 At the airport, the Lounge Option can be purchased by credit card* or in cash at an Air France sales counter, and by credit card only at lounge entrances and Air France kiosks. Customers who are Flying Blue members can also pay with their Miles at an Air France sales counter, with an Air France assistant via their Marco application or on the Air France website. 4.2 Online, the Lounge Option can be purchased online by credit card. * Payment by the Customer must be made using one of the following payment cards: American Express, Mastercard/Eurocard, Visa, Diners, UATP, JCB.
The Lounge Option is associated with an Air France flight number and must be used on the same day of departure of the flight for which the customer has purchased a Lounge Option, except in the event of a change made by the Customer in accordance with Article 6. The Lounge Option is subject to the availability of seats in the lounge.
6.1 The Option reserved by a Customer is personal and non-transferable. Once purchased by a Customer, the Lounge Option cannot be modified, exchanged or refunded in cash or by crediting Miles except as provided in Article 6.2. 6.2 A Customer who has purchased the Lounge Option may only be refunded the Lounge Option Price in the following cases:
- The flight for which the Customer had purchased the Option is cancelled, modified or delayed,
- The Customer in possession of a Full Flex ticket cancels his/her flight,
- Following a voluntary modification of the flight by the Customer, the lounge is unavailable,
- Following a change in cabin, the Customer is entitled to lounge access,
- The lounge is closed,
- The Customer is denied access to the lounge due to overcrowding,
- The Customer purchases an upgrade option that gives him/her complimentary access to the lounge.
Air France will not be held responsible nor be considered as having failed in its obligations in the event of the non-provision of all or part of the reserved services outlined in the Present Conditions if this breach is due to a case of Force Majeure as defined or interpreted by French jurisprudence. In this event, the Customer may not claim any indemnity, interest or compensation as result of a direct or indirect prejudice suffered by the non-provision of services.
Air France reserves the right to change the Lounge Option and the Present General Conditions of Sale at any time. Reservations of the Lounge Option are subject to the General Conditions of Sale in force at the time of booking, unless a change to these General Conditions of Sale is required by a government authority (in which case this change will also apply to all bookings made by the Customer).
The Present General Conditions of Sale are subject to French law. In the event of litigation, only the French Courts will have jurisdiction except as otherwise indicated in the General Conditions of Sale.